Wednesday 4 September 2013

Snail mail collective post swap

snail mail collective

Last month I signed up for the Snail Mail Collective over on Melyssa's blog, The Nectar Collective. I have always wanted to do a postal swap, and this seemed like the perfest opportunity, with people from all over the world taking part!

I was very excited to be paired with Bev from Linkouture, and we sent eachother several emails getting to know each other which was lovely!

I spent lots of time thinking about what to put in Bev's package, the theme was 'under the sea' which I found quite fun to work with. Hopefully I will be able to show you what this included soon, but I don't think Bev has received it yet, so I'd better keep it a secret until then!

I have, however, received my package from Bev! What a little treasure trove she put together! 

Here is the picture of the beautiful Jiffy bag it all arrived in...
packaging
First of all we were all told to include a post card. This is the Harvard University Boathouse which is along the Charles river in Cambridge where Bev lives. So pretty don't you think?
harvard square postcardBev thoughtfully included a magazine full of lovely recipe's, as she knew I liked to cook.
edible boston magazine
I love how Bev packaged lots of little things up for me, it felt like Christmas!
washi tape packagesThis is a little brooch that Bev got in Peru when she was on a 5 month trip to South America! I do love little mementos from other countries! She also sent some stones she picked up on the beach at Cape Cod! I was going to do the same thing in my package but didn't in the end, I wish I had now! peru brooch
Bev included these because she saw I liked making my own cards, I can definitely make use of them! She also included some lovely scrapbooking paper.
scrapbooking words scrapbooking paperI can honestly say this was the best chocolate I ever tasted. It was kind of like the cinnamon chocolate I invented in this post, but way better!
Taza Cinnamon chocolate

Thanks so much Bev!  

If you want to sign up for The Snail Mail Collective you can do so here, and you totally should, it has been great!

Laura xXx


10 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks amazing! What a treasure trove of cool stuff! Going to sign up right now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! You never know, we might be paired up!

      Delete
  2. Oh I want to sign up for this, I love post swaps!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it was great fun! I've signed up for september too, the theme is back to school! :)

      Delete
  3. Awww! The packagings and their content are awesome! Can't wait for mine to arrive! XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours looks amazing, I already sent mine off and completely forgot to send a postcard along with it...

    Hannah
    x
    Dainty&Ivory

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of this! Sending & receiving snail mail is the best! Thanks for sharing this, I think I might sign up too :-) x

    victoriapenrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely parcel! I can't wait to see what you sent too :) I've not tried that chocolate but I'm sure they have it at stateside candy at the minute in a couple of flavours if you wanted more. They are UK based and sell online. Here you go http://www.americansweets.co.uk/taza-stoneground-mexican-style-chocolate-367-c.asp I might buy some myself now you've said how good it is :) I love the packaging too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a cute bag and the chocolate sounds delicious! I'm already excited for next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photos you took of everything!! Even though I already knew the contents, it's like I was opening it up for myself. Clearly the mail is a lot slower in the States, hoping today is my lucky day :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena