Friday 7 December 2012

A day in the life ...

Paintings
On Tuesday I suggested we take up a new hobby. So I dragged Chris to the Hobbycraft shop and we purchased some watercolour paints, some nice new brushes and a book each! The challenge was then to find somewhere pretty enough to paint. In the end we went to Bursledon Windmill, the picture below does not really do it justice, it is quite pretty! Technically the windmill was closed for refurbishment, but a nice man came out and told us that he didn't mind if we wanted to sit there and paint.  He also told us about an event that is being held tonight, 'A Curious Christmas'. Apparently there will be storytellers and performers taking us on a wonderful and spine chilling adventure. It sounds great so hopefully we are going to go!
Bursledon Windmill
PaintingPaints
Paintings
Painting
Chris wasn't very impressed with how his turned out, but I thought he did very well considering he told me he couldn't paint! Mine wasn't too bad either, but I think we need some more practice. I am looking forward to finding more pretty places to paint!

Laura xXx

3 comments:

  1. I am very jealous that you guys take up crafty hobbies together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun outing. I love windmills! Wish I could paint...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really nice idea to paint together! I'm not sure I could get my husband to participate, but I'm going to try! :)
    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena