- White chocolate chips
- Food Colouring
- A saucepan
- A pyrex dish that fits snugly on top of the saucepan
- Chocolate mould or novelty ice cube tray. I used a space invaders one bought as a gift but you can find it here
- A spoon, a knife and some water (if you want to get really pinickety)
- Melt the chocolate chips in the pyrex dish, on top of a simmering pan of water.
- Stir until they are all melted and there are no lumpy bits.
- Add your food colouring and give it another stir to make sure there are no streaks.
- Fill your mould/ice tray with your new colourful chocolate. I used a knife to make sure there weren't any air bubbles and that the chocolate was all the way to the edge of the molds. I also used it to flatten them all down and scrape of any excess chocolate (I may have licked the knife at this point).
- Then just put them in the fridge overnight, in the morning you should be able to pop them out quite neatly.
These cute little space invaders made an appearance at our engagement party, and they must have gone down well as they were all gone pretty early on! Although I have to say I am surprised people identified them as food, they look more like erasers than chocolate!
Just for the fun of it, here is a space invaders GIF Chris and I made. We just couldn't resist. Enjoy!