So, I'm afraid I'm back to talk your ear off about Pip again!
The bed in dear old Pip was rather heavy! It was also rather dangerous to make up as it tried to bite our hands off every time! We wanted to put some cabinets down the side of the van anyway, so my dad suggested making the whole thing a bit shorter. First we had to pull the old one out.
Then it was time to get the circular saw out. My dad used the old bed as a template and made amendments where we needed. We crossed our fingers that it was all right then got stuck in!
Chris, my Mum and I were put on carpet covering duty. We had bought some sticky backed carpet, (usually used on boats) and the idea was to cover the bed so that it looked nice and neat, and so that it didn't bang when we put it up!
In this picture I'm actually covering the box which goes on top of the engine, this also makes up the back of the bed. (Yes, the engine is in the back in our van!)
Dad then reassembled the bed with the nuts and bolts that came out of the old one!
The speakers that the van came with are actually quite decent. Here is a picture of Chris using it to pretend he is a robot. We have cut holes in the base of the bed which we will be putting these in later!
Sorry, I'm keeping all of the photo's of the finished product from you. Mainly because it's not quite finished! All will be revealed in good time! :)