With my holiday at an end I feel that I need to make sure I keep myself motivated. Often I wake up groggily and come home from work lathargic. I think what is needed is a good old health kick to keep my body working at its full capacity! The idea is not to loose weight but just to make sure I am doing everything possible to keep my body healthy.
|"Sorry guys, I am going to have to eat you."|
I am planning to tackle this in 5 different ways, and I hope you will join me! (more on that later)
1. Excercise - I am a bit of a wimp and feel I would be happier if I could sustain some sort of excercise regime. I plan to try out different excercise plans until I find one that suits.
2. Healthy Eating - I hope to introduce more fruit and vegetables into my diet, as well as having a high percentage of 'raw meals' or at least raw vegetables in my meals. Again, I am not looking at a diet that will help loose weight necessarily, but one that will make sure I am getting as much nutrition as I possibly can. After all, I like to have a cuppa and a cake now and then, and banning that would just be depressing. I'll just make sure I have a carrot or something to make up for it afterwards!
3. Eliminating Toxins - I absolutely hate the idea of all the toxic/carconogenic products we use, air fresheners, cleaning products, and even deodorants! I am going to look into natural replacements for as many of these as possible.
4. Healthy Hair/Skin/Nails - There are many products that claim to give you all of this, but are they really as good as they say on the tin? Again, I will be checking out what ingridients actually make up these products, and decide if the outcome is worth the potential risk, or if there is a safter alternative available.
5. Sleep - This one is fairly self explanitory, making sure I get enough sleep! But how much exactly is enough? I usually try to get 8 hours (and often fail) but perhaps it is healthier for me to sleep less/more. I'm going to look into ways of figuring this out.
There's a lot to think about! So I'm going to take it slow and concentrate on one thing at a time!