Wednesday 29 August 2012

Health Kick - Excercise

Time for me to get my running shoes on! (You won't actually catch me running though, I hate running!)

But I must have lost my mind because I have embarked upon a new ridiculously hard excercise regime. Ouch!

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred
It is Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (This woman is crazy!), and although it is incredibly painful at the moment, it is great because you are squishing loads of excercise into only a 25 minute workout each day. Which means there is still plenty of time for cross stich, hurrah!

What I like about it is the fact that you don't have time to get bored (or breathe!) It is split into a rotation of 30 second to 1 minute excercises, and within that you are switching between cardio, strength and abs. There are 3 routines, each of which you do for 10 days, then you move onto the next.

I've just finished day 10 and I have only missed 1 day so far (well it was a bank holiday!) It is going pretty well so far, although it is incredibly tiring! To give me energy I have been eating these little gems on my way home from work. They are super expensive but they are way better than having something like a redbull, they are actually good for you and contain a whole host of super-foods. You are meant to eat them 30 minutes before excercising and they really do work. Although I couldn't afford to have them everyday or I think I would go broke quite quickly!

Energy Bomb
After my workout Chris has been making me protein shakes, which apparently help your muscles recover faster, and give them something to build with. Benefits also include fat loss (because when your muscles are bigger it means you burn more calories when you aren't really doing anything!) and healthy ageing (your muscles deteriorate as you get older, and this will slow it down!) You wouldn't be able to get the amount or types of protein naturally that you can from a protein shake.  

What excercise routines are you doing at the moment?  Join me in my mission on Twitter by using hash tag #healthkik .

Laura xXx

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to be using a combination of Bikram yoga and paleo eating for my own weight loss. I also throw in some turbo fire here and there for fun when I have the energy.

    http://www.pirateandlilac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wowee, that sounds super hardcore! Is Bikram yoga the one where it is really hot? I'll have to look up turbo fire, I have no idea what it is but it sounds pretty epic!

      Delete
  2. I did the 30 Day Shred, for less than 30 days, but I did enjoy it. Although I was too cheap to buy the dvd and settled for level one only on youtube haha (: good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wokr out sounds great!! i have really been trying to amp up my works out myself after a long and relaxing summer! where can i get the <dvd? (i will try to find those bars in norway as well, i am sick of red bulls after work to manage my excersise, lool)


    love K

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena