Monday 13 August 2012

Classic Movies - An American In Paris

So, although I am currently away on our first holiday in Pip, I have magically created myself a wireless hotspot using my iphone, and thought I had better finish off my trio of classic films! I had meant to post this before we went away but we were really rather busy and I ran out of time... anywho... on to classic film number 3, and I think my favourite of the bunch... An American In Paris!

An American In Paris
This film won me over straight away with it's opening sequence. Gene Kelly's character, a struggling American artist living in Paris, wakes up in bed in a considerably small room. He then proceeds to gracefully turn the minute room from bedroom to artist's studio, in a beautifully choreographed ballet! Much like how Chris and I have been changing the van from bedroom to living room everyday. Maybe not quite as graceful though, I have lost count of the times I have bumped my head, it is probably about an inch bigger on all over now!

An American In Paris
Gene Kelly's character is immediately likeable, so when he falls in love with a young woman it is hard not to hope he gets the girl! I won't ruin it for you if you haven't seen it, but of course there are a few obstacles in the way of true love!  It all culminates in a rather trippy dance number, but beautiful none the less (though at this point I had no idea what was going on!)

This one is really worth a watch! I found it more captivating than South Pacific, and I was far more attached to the characters. Next on my list to watch is 'Singing in the Rain'. Judging by this film Gene Kelly is a Gene-ious, so I'm going to start swatting up!

I will be back soon to update you on our adventures (and misadventures) in Pip. We are in Cornwall, currently camping near Wadebridge, so if you have any suggestions of where to visit please do let me know.

Laura xXx




3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena