Monday 2 July 2012

Munchie Monday - Simple Recipe's with a Wow factor

I love recipes with a 'wow factor' but I also don't want to spend hours making them. I want to be able to sling a few ingredients together and say 'Voila!' without any hassle. With that in mind I have compiled a little list of simple recipes I have seen online and want to give a go. I've included the ingredients but if you want to see the full recipe just click on the link provided.  Hungry yet?... you will be!  

Banana, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Vegan Ice Cream
I actually tried this recipe out last night. Although I had rather a disaster when I attached the blender together without the rubber bit that goes in the middle! It leaked out everywhere and i think I may have broken the blender as the liquid all went inside :s. Anyway, I mashed it all up with a fork in the end and  it was delicious anyway! So if you don't have a blender, fork away!  I found the recipe on on Love Elycia's blog, but the post was actually by Kaylah from The Dainty Squid.
Vegan Ice cream recipe
Ingredients
2 bananas* (of average size)
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
4 generous tablespoons peanut butter 
5 tablespoons sugar

6 tablespoons soy milk

Iced Coffee
I don't drink a huge amount of Coffee, I'm more of a tea girl to be honest. But when I saw this recipe on A Beautiful Mess I really wanted to try it out. It probably doesn't hurt that they are in cute jars and have stripy straws, but I'm sure they are delicious too.
Ice Coffee Recipe
Ingredients
2 1/2 quarts water to 5 ounces ground coffee
2 tablespoons any combination of spices
Milks and sweeteners as you like

Watermelon Pie
I found this one on Pinterest originally, but it is actually from Make and Takes. What a brilliant concept, don't you think? Would totally fool you into thinking you were eating something healthy too! The original post says sherbet, not sorbet, I'm guessing this is what Americans call it? I have to admit, I was totally stumped for a few minutes trying to work out how the heck you made sherbet do THAT. I got there in the end though.
Watermelon Pie Recipe
Ingredients:
Lime Sorbet

Vanilla ice cream or Pineapple sorbet
Red/Pink-colored sorbet
Mini chocolate chips


Mock Mojitos
So anyone who knows me knows that my favourite cocktail is a Mojito (if I'm not in a White Russian mood). I think they are yummy! We used to have a huge mint patch in the garden, and when we had parties I would make everyone Mojito's! One problem that I did always have was getting the sugar to mix in, I was always left with it at the bottom. This recipe from Poet in the Pantry explains how to make a mint infused simple syrup from just water, mint and sugar, that will keep until you are ready to use it. Problem solved! Of course, I would add rum to it, but as this is a mock mojito I can't really tamper with the recipe!
Mock Mojito recipe
Ingredients
1.5 oz mint-infused simple syrup
1 oz lime juice

tonic water or club soda (whichever you prefer)

a few sprigs of mint



Yummy! How clever are all the people that came up with these ideas!? I'll definitely be giving theses a go soon and reporting back!

Laura xXx

9 comments:

  1. Hm the vegan Ice cream looks so good. Did you put it in the fridge or freezer after blending? :)
    http://lealuu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I popped it in the freezer for about 3 hours and it was about right :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my those look delicious!

    Sorry you may have broken your blender :( Although if it was going to be broken by anything, I imagine that ice-cream is delicious enough to almost be worth it!

    That watermelon pie almost looks too good to eat! Only almost :)

    xx

    P.s. I love White Russians. Basically, I just want to drink a cup full of cream. If it gets me tipsy, that's just a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I'm the same, I love cream! I think I'd drink coffee more if incould have cream instead of milk. They always seem to have it at hotels, yumm.

      Delete
  3. Yep, I kinda want to make all of these!!! I've been wanting a good iced coffee recipe, so I'm glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you know where these nice glasses (2. picture) are from?
    lealuu.com
    :) I'm searching little and some bigger glasses for presents :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I don't know. They are pretty though, I would quite like some too. Maybe pop by A Beautiful mess and ask them. They seem to use them quite often :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, that vegan ice cream looks SO delicious! Although I imagine the watermelon pie is somewhat out of my skill range. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is yummy, I have been eating more tonight too! It good because it's cheap to make too and I usually have all of the ingredients about anyway :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena