Wowee, I am super excited to have received my very first blog award! Karen from The Quiet Owl nominated me for a Liebster award. Thanks so much Karen! This made my day/week/month!
Here's a description of the award (taken from Karen's page):
The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs
11 Things About Me...
1. I work in for a waste disposal company as my day job. Although I work full time I am still a temp there after 3 years!
2. I took a Media degree at Sussex Uni.
3. I hate gong to music festivals and gigs because you have to stand up the whole time! Otherwise I love them. Can someone please invent a music festival where everyone sits down!
4. I love 80's movies and 80's music!
5. I'm really scared of driving places I haven't been before. Even if it's really close!
6. I have an irrational fear of large replica whales. It all started with the inflatable killer whales people take to the beach. I have no idea why.
7. I lived with my boyfriend and his band in the middle of nowhere, next to a farm, for a year and a half. Rock and Roll! (It wasn't at all really).
8. When I start talking/typing, I find it really hard to stop.
9. When I was at school my dream was to be a film director when I grew up.
10. I am an only child.
11. I'm not very good at giving hugs. I know that's what you are supposed to do when you see your friends and family, but i find it really awkward! (Anyone else have that problem?)
- What's your favorite meal to cook? Fillet steak with olive oil mash and a red onion and wine sauce. Yummy! It's a Jamie Oliver recipe and Chris and I always have this on special occasions. It's easy to cook but a little pricey.
- Do you play video games? Not really these days. When I was younger I was a bit obsessed with The Sims and Sim City, and I recently got enticed back with the Sims app on my Iphone. Other than that we have a Wii, and we've enjoyed playing the Rayman's Rabbids games. Pretty fun when you are in a group.
- If you could be a character from a movie, who would it be? This is a tricky one, there are so many awesome film characters. But I'm going to pick Eve from 'WALL - E'. She is pretty awesome but mostly I'd get to hang out with WALL E who is super cute!
- What's your sign? Does it fit you? Saggitarius I think that mostly it does. I have no interest in sport whatsoever though, except for maybe skiing, but thats only really because I get to eat cake and drink mulled wine!
- If money was no issue, where would you go on vacation? I would love to go on a road trip across America from Chicago to LA and see some of the old route 66 sights as well as stopping off at some awesome hotels like the Bellagio in Las Vegas. Can I hop over to Hawaii at the end too? I've always fancied going there like in the movies.
- Do you have any tattoos? If so, which one is your favorite? Not a one I'm afraid! I quite like the idea but I change my mind so often I would be worried I would pick something I would wake up the next day and hate!
- Why did you start blogging? To keep a diary of my life. To encourage me to do different and more adventurous things. To network with similar people. To help give myself inspiration to decide what I want to do with my life!
- What is your favorite smell? Cakes just out of the oven.
- What would your dream hairstyle/hair color look like? I have real trouble deciding what to do with my hair. At the moment I am trying to grow it long, but I've also toyed with the idea of having it cut really short. If I was brave I would bleach it and go a white blonde. I'm not brave!
- Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and how many? Nope. I like watching the wildlife in the garden though. The birdies and the squirrels, they are my pets! I get serious kitten envy though, especially with all the cat lady bloggers out there!
- What's your favorite cartoon? In terms of TV shows it would probably be 'South Park', but if we can include films then I really enjoyed 'Howl's Moving Castle'.
1. If you were a Superhero, what would your superpower be?
2. What is your favourite film?
3. What did you want to grow up to be when you were younger?
4. If you were sent to a desert island with only 3 items, what would they be?
5. What would your perfect day consist of?
6. What is the silliest thing you can remember doing?
7. Which blog do you spend most time reading?
8. Do you have any bad habits?
9. If you could have a dinner party with any 5 people, dead or alive, who would you pick?
10. Who is your idol? Famous or not.
11. In 10 years what 3 things do you hope to have achieved?
If you don't fancy participating, thats ok, don't worry. But everyone should at least check out the blogs I mentioned above, I'm sure you will enjoy them :)