Friday 1 June 2012

Spoonflower - Design your own fabric!


Ever fancied designing your own fabric? Well I have found the most fantastic website for doing just that!  

At Spoonflower you can upload any design to the site and have it printed on a variety of fabric. Although I am by no means a graphic designer, and I didn’t even have any computer programmes fit for the purpose, I really wanted to give it a go. So in the end i thought ‘what the heck’ and gave it a go on trusty old ‘Paint’. Who could have predicted what a brilliant result I would end up with? I plumped for a drawing of 3 of my favourite vintage artifacts. A polaroid camera, my great aunt's singer sewing machine, and a vintage radio.  It turns out that drawing in this way is strangely addictive, and surprisingly easy as I could quickly erase my mistakes! 

You can see my final design above which I am really happy with. The best thing is that once you have ordered a sample of your design, other people can actually buy it, and you can get a portion of the money! Or Spoon Dollars as spoonflower like to call them. You can check my 'shop' out here. Although maybe not the cheapest way of purchasing fabric, it’s certainly a way of expressing yourself whether it be in your clothes or furnishings. I urge you to give it a go!

Laura xXx

3 comments:

  1. Your design turned out great. I love Spoonflower and just placed my first order of fabric designed by me. I can't wait for it to arrive. I use Inkscape by the way, it's a great free svg program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will definitely have to check that out:)

      Delete
  2. i like your all fabric design....click on more fabric design https://www.weaveron.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena